JEE (Main) Secretariat
Central Board of Secondary Education
H-149, Sector – 63, Noida, Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar 201309 (UP)
DATE OF EXAMINATION
April 8, 2018(Sunday) (Pen & Paper Based Examination)
April 15th & 16th (Sunday & Monday) 2018(Computer Based Examination)
November 20, 2017
1. Candidates of JEE (Main) –2018 have to apply online only. There is no printed application form for JEE(Main).
2. Please ensure that you are filling genuine application form available online at JEE (Main) website (www.jeemain.nic.in).
3. Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating State Institutions (as applicable).
4. The JEE (Main) secretariat/CBSE is only an examination conducting body. After declaration of result the data is handed over to SEAT ALLOCATION BOARD or the concerned state government/institute for Seat Allocation Process and admission procedure. The JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE does not collect the information regarding total number of seats available in the institutions and reservation criteria followed by the institutions.
5. All the candidates who have submitted the online application and paid the examination fee till last date will be allowed to appear in JEE (Main) and their admit cards will be uploaded on the website as per schedule. The JEE (Main) secretariat/CBSE do neither verify the information filled by the candidates in the application form nor verify any certificate of category/educational qualification for deciding the eligibility of candidates. The certificates of educational qualification and category (if applied under reserved category) will be verified by the concerned institution. The candidates are, therefore, advised to ensure their eligibility and the category (if applying under reserved category). The CBSE will, in no way, be responsible for any wrong/incorrect information furnished by the candidate(s) in their online application form. The letter/e-mails in this regard will not be entertained by JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE.
6. The use of Aadhaar for the candidates of JEE (Main) 2018 will result in accuracy of the candidates’details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the candidates at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
7. The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
8. Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the candidates of JEE (Main) 2018, and hereby notifies the following:
7.1 Candidates, who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for JEE(Main) 2018 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
7.2 Candidates not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
7.3 The candidates who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 14 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID (Including slash) printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main) 2018.
8. The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
9. The candidates who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
10.The fee (in Indian Rupees) for JEE(Main)-2018 is as follows:
|Papers||Offline mode (Pen & Paper Based)
||Online mode (Computer Based)|
|Appearing||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls|
|For Examination Centres opted in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For Examination Centres opted in foreign country|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
11. The fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank in cash. Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected.Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card, the candidates will need to pay an additional processing charge as following:-
Credit Card:-1.20% of the examination fee plus the GST as applicable.
Debit Card:- 0.75%+GST for examination fee upto Rs.2000 and 1%+GST for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
12. The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at CBSE website (www.jeemain.nic.in)and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of Acknowledgement Page. In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:-
i) If the fee is paid through e-challan by depositing cash in above mentioned bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website.
ii) If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within 7 –10 days. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the
OK fee status.
13.The candidates should select the cities of examination as per their choice of Paper -1or Paper –2 or
both Paper –1 & Paper – 2 of JEE (Main) –2018 according to the mode of paper(s) as following:
|CHOICE OF PAPER||MODE|
|PAPER -1 (B.E./B.TECH.)||PEN & PAPER BASED
COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION
|PAPER-2(B.ARCH./B .PLANNING)||PEN & PAPER BASED
|BOTH PAPER -1 (B.E./B.TECH.)
|PEN & PAPER BASED for both the Papers
COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION for Paper –1 and PEN & PAPER BASED for Paper –2
Note: In the cities Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat, Riyadh, Qatar and Sharjah Paper –1 will be conducted in both the modes, however, the candidates choosing the mode of Computer Based Examination for Paper–1 will appear for Examination only on 15thApril, 2018. The Paper–2 in all these cities will be conducted on 08/04/2018 from 2.00–5.00 PM (IST) in Pen & Paper Based examination.
14. Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application i.e. Multiple applications from a candidate will be rejected.
15.The name of the candidate and his/her parents name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examination. No prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Fr/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Col etc should be used.
16.No options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct/modify some of the particular(s)of the application form online only, with valid reason(s), after one week of closing date. The candidates are advised to see the website and newspaper regularly to know the exact date when the correction(s)/modification(s) will be allowed online only.
No change will be accepted through offline mode i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc.
17. The JEE (Main) 2018 application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also upload their photograph, signature and signature of father/mother/guardian. Due to above, the provision of sending hard copy of the application i.e. acknowledgement page to the JEE (Main) office has been done away with. Therefore the candidates are advised not to send hard copy of the application i.e. acknowledgement page to JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE.
However, the candidates are advised to retain hard copy of the application i.e. acknowledgement page for future reference or correspondence, if any.
18. Candidate(s) may check the status of their application on JEE (Main) website.
19. The Hon’ble High Court of Delhi alone will have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to JEE (Main)- 2018 as JEE Apex Board located at CBSE Delhi is organising the JEE (Main)- 2018 examination.
20. The offer of admission shall be subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled.
21. The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number. The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email-id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates through SMS or e-mail.
22. The decision of the JEE Apex Board regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
23. All correspondence related to JEE (Main)–2018 should be addressed to: The Executive Director, (JAB), Central Board of Secondary Education, H-149, Sector – 63, Noida Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar 201309 (UP)
24. For latest information related to JEE(Main) –2018 kindly visit JEE(Main) Website:www.jeemain.nic.in
25. For latest information related to JEE(Advanced) kindly visit the website www.jeeadv.ac.in