Get here DU PhD Admission 2020 notification and apply online link. Delhi University conducts entrance exam for both MPhil and PhD course. Through this entrance exam admission to around 157 courses are done under various departments. DU PhD and Mphill Application form are released in online mode. All the details pertaining to PhD admission in Delhi University is releases at du.ac.in. All the students desirous in applying for this entrance exam must satisfy education and age criteria as mentioned below otherwise there admission will be cancelled in document verification stage.
Latest News on DU PhD Admission 2020: The application process for PhD admission has been started online. Candidates can fill the application form before 4 July 2020
DU PhD Eligibility Criteria (M.Phil)
What you Searching For?
Candidates must have obtained a professional degree equivalent to a master degree or a master degree in the relevant subject.
Candidates must have obtained a score of atleast 55%in the master degree programme.
For SC/ST/OBC relaxation of 5%is given to reserved candidates which means they must have scored between 55 to 50% marks.
DU PhD Application Form 2020 / DU PhD Entrance Form 2020
All the candidates have to register online for admission in M.Phil. / Ph.D. Programme.
Candidates must note that they have to register for each programme separately.
If any of the candidates is already enrolled in any full time programme of study in any University.
Candidates exempted from the entrance exam must also fil the registration form.
- Click here to fill the application form
- Categories under Reservation: Rs 300 /-
- UR and OBC: Rs 750 /-
DU PhD / MPhil Admission 2020-21 Exam Date
|Registration & fee payment||20 Jun 2020|
|Last date to register||4 July 2020|
|release of admit card||to be announced|
|Entrance test date||to be announced|
|Declaration of result||to be announced|
DU PhD / MPhil Admission 2020 Selection Process
Admission to PhD / MPhil programme are done in two stages which are:
- A common entrance test for both M.Phill and PhD will be conducted.
- Candidates must score atleast 50% marks to qualify the entrance exam.
- For reserved candidates minimum marks to be scored in the entrance exam is 45%- 50%.
Exemption from Entrance Examination
- Candidates qualified in UGC-NET or equivalent national level exam can directly appear for the interview process.
- In-service teachers can appear directly to the interview process.
- Candidates having JRF can appear for interview directly.
- Scinetist professional working at R&D.
- Candidates who have qualified the CAT Exam.
Entrance Exam Syllabus
The entrance exam question paper consists of 50% questions research / methodology and then other 50% is from the subject-specific questions.
For detailed syllabus of written exam for M.Phill and PhD, visit the respective Dept site.
- Interview will be conducted for the course if applicable.
Note: Interview is compulsory for all candidates, even if they are exempted from the entrance exam.
DU PhD / MPhil Admission 2020 Shortlisted candidates list / Result
- The result which contains the shortlisted candidates will be displayed at the official site.
- Delhi University will release the list of candidates who have qualified the entrance, eligible for direct interview.
- Interview date will be released along with the entrance exam result.
- After the interview selected and the waitlisted candidate will be released online.
- In the interview, process candidates will be asked to say on their interest and view on their research interest /areas.
For more details check – Previous year notification
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s)
Is the online registration mandatory for all the candidates applying for the M.Phil./Ph.D. admission?
I would like to change my “Applicant’s details”, which I filled during the “New User registration”. Can I do that?
I would like to change my Centre of Written Entrance Test after completing the online registration form. Is it possible?
Is it possible to get the Admit Card through postal mode?
When can I download the Admit Card? Is it immediately after filling the registration form?
Admit Card‘s download link will be available at www.du.ac.in
Can I submit the fee through any other method, like demand draft etc
How can I apply in multiple courses? Do I need to make payment for other courses separately?
After completing your application for one Programme, you can apply in another course using “Apply Now” button on your Home area. You need to pay registration fee separately for each of the applied Programmes.