Essay on Lohri in English in 200 words and 10 lines for all classes is given here. students are given homework to write some lines on Lohri festival. You can share and uae this essay for your childern school homework. ….आप सभी को लोहड़ी दी लाख लाख बधाई।
Also read: How to write Essay in English
On January 13, the festival of Lohri is being celebrated all over the country. The festival of Lohri is celebrated everywhere in schools, colleges, offices etc. Today many competitions are organised Such as essay competition. People who want to write an essay on Lohri can get all the information related to Lohri from here and this post of ours will help a lot in writing essays on Lohri.
Also Read: Essay on republic day in english
Essay on lohri in 200 Words
By the way, the festival of Lohri is of Sikhs. Lohri is celebrated with great happiness in Punjab, but this festival is celebrated not only in Punjab but in the entire country with great joy. Tamil Hindus celebrate the festival of Pongal on the day of Makar Sankranti. The festival of lohri is celebrated with great pomp in the Punjab, Haryana and neighboring states on the eve of Makar Sankranti.
Also Read: Essay on Holi In English
How does Lohri celebrate?
Lohri holds special significance for Punjabis. Young children sing Lohri songs a few days before Lohri and at the same time start collecting sticks, nuts, revdis, peanuts for Lohri. The fire is lit in the evening of Lohri.
People move around the fire and dance and sing. Also, in the fire, Revdis, peanuts, kheel are also offered. People sit around the fire and sing songs and eat Rewari, Kheel, Gajjak, Mecca. In the house where a new marriage or child is born, the first lohri married couple or the first lohri of the child after marriage is specially greeted.
From TILODI to LOHRI
Lohri was earlier called Tilodi. The word Tilodi is made up of the words Til and Roadi (molasses). Which now changed to become famous as Lohri.
10 lines on Lohri festival
The 10 lines on Lohri in English language are as follows:
- Lohri is a famous festival of people living in Punjab and Punjabi people.
- It is celebrated all over North India, especially in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jammu.
- Lohri festival is celebrated on 13 January which falls in Paush or Magha according to the Hindu calendar.
- It is believed that Lohri festival symbolizes the culmination of winter.
- The main attraction of this festival are food such as Sarson ka saag and makke ki roti, sesame seeds, revdi, gajak etc.
- On this festival, people gather around the bonfire and sing and dance to the popular Lohri songs.
- People offer sweets, Revdis, jeggery, Peanuts and Popcorn in this bonfire and celebrate.
- They share this Prasad among themselves and wish each other good luck.
- The prasad consists of six main items which are: sesame, gajak, jaggery, groundnut, fulia and popcorn.
- People meet and celebrate the festival of Lohri with happiness and joy.