Essay on World Health Day in English – There are many such days throughout the year that the whole world celebrates together. Like Yoga Day. This day is dedicated to our health, World Health Day ie World Health Day. Today we will talk about World Health Day and know-how this day started, what is the significance, why is this day celebrated.
|CBSE Study Material Class 10 & 12|
|Class 10th||Class 12th|
|Sample Papers||Sample Papers|
|Question Papers||Question Papers|
|Topper Answer Sheet||Topper Answer Sheet|
|NCERT Study Material (Class 1- 12)|
|NCERT Notes||NCERT Solutions|
|NCERT Books||English Grammar|
Essay on World Health Day in English – Short / Long Paragraph
World Health Day is celebrated on 7 April every year on the occasion of its anniversary. The whole country works together to spread awareness of the issues related to health. The first world health was celebrated in the year 1950.
The aim of establishing the World Health Organization was to raise the level of health of people around the world. Each year a new issue is picked keeping in mind the global public health and awareness about the same is spread
Why is World Health Day celebrated
The main purpose of this day is to create awareness among common people towards health issues public peoples. It is an annual event. As we discussed above one issue is chosen by the body to create awareness throughout the year many events and programs are organized for that. For example, in 1995, the topic of global polio eradication was chosen and since then, most countries have been freed from this deadly disease, while its awareness level has increased in other countries of the world.
How do you celebrate World Health Day?
On the occasion of World Health Day on 7th April, World Health Day, government, non-governmental organizations and NGOs including health organizations organize many events. On this special occasion, special health camps are organized in many places, where people are checked up for free. Not only this, but street plays are also organized and art exhibitions are also organized in many places to spread awareness among people towards health.
What is the World Health Organization (WHO)?
The World Health Organization, the World Health Organization, has heard this term many times, but today we will know about it. The World Health Organization was established on 7 April 1948 and is a unit of the United Nations Organization. Only 194 countries are members from all over the world. The World Health Organization is headquartered in Geneva.
What is the importance of World Health Day
You have heard of the popular phrase “Health is wealth“. To live a good, happy life, it is very important to be healthy, healthy. But in today’s time, the quality of human life is getting worse day by day. At the same time, the World Health Organization (WHO) is working to improve the quality of life. So that every human in the world can live a happy life for a long time. Its World Health Organization (WHO) has a theme every year on which programs are done throughout the year and work on that theme.
Which theme was kept in which year
The first World Health Day was celebrated in the year 1950, at that time its theme was “Know your health services”.
Let’s talk about some themes.
- In the year 1953, the theme was “Health is wealth”.
- In the year 1957, all the people were not getting food properly, hence the theme was laid on World Health Day, “Food for all”.
- Malaria became a major problem in the year 1960, to fight it, it was included in the theme on the occasion of World Health Day, at that time the theme was “Malaria Eradication – Challenge for the World”. Even today, many malaria patients appear but are becoming less than before.
- In order to save people from smoking, the theme of “Smoking and Health: Election is yours” was included in the year 1980 on the occasion of World Health Day.
- In 1995, on the occasion of World Health Day, Polio theme was included on the occasion of World Health Day, ever since it has been continuously worked and in India today and many countries around the world are free of Polio. Have been
- In order to build more and more hospitals around the world, in the year 2009, the theme “Save lives, make safe hospitals in emergencies” was introduced.
- “Diabetes: Increasing Prevention, Strengthening Care and Enhancing Surveillance” This theme was introduced in 2016 to prevent diabetes.
- In today’s time, from small to large, people are suffering from depression and this number is increasing, to prevent it, the theme for World Health Day in 2017 is “Depression: Let’s Talk” “Was laid. Constant work is being done on this theme.
- On the occasion of World Health Day in the year 2018, the theme “Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere” has been kept.
For more details check – Wikipedia