10 Lines on Guru Nanak Dev ji | Guru Nanak Jayanti | Guru Purab Short Essay : Since childhood, Guru Nanak Dev was interested in devotion to God. He always served the people and was greatly influenced by the saints. At the behest of his father, he settled family life but could not stay in it for long and at the age of 37, he went out to preach to people about God and religion. Later, in the 15th century, he established the religion “Sikhism” based on only one god and gurus
Also read: Essay of Sikh Guru
10 Lines on Guru Nanak dev ji / Guru Nanak Jayanti / Guru Purab
Today, through this article, we will learn about Adi Guru Sri Nanak Dev of the Sikh community and his birth anniversary.
1) Guru Nanak Jayanti is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Sahib, the founder of Sikhism and the first Sikh.
2) The festival of Guru Nanak Jayanti is celebrated every year by the people of the Sikh community on the full moon day of the Kartik month of the Hindi calendar.
3) Adi Guru of the Sikhs, Shri Nanak Dev Ji was born on 14 April 1469 at a place called Talwandi in the Punjab state of Pakistan.
4) Talwandi, the birth place of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, is currently known as Nankana Sahib.
5) Guru Nanak Jayanti is the most important festival of the people of Sikh religion residing in India as well as abroad.
6) At the time of Guru Nanak Jayanti, all the Gurudwaras are decorated, where devotees throng since early morning.
7) On this day men, women, children and old people of the Sikh community all wear new clothes and go to the Gurudwara to get the blessings of Nanak Dev.
8) On this day langar is organized on a large scale for the people in almost all the Gurudwaras.
9) In the year 2021, the 552nd birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev will be celebrated on the 19th of November.
10) Guru Nanak ended the evils spread in the society and showed the people the path of truth, hence this day is also known as Prakash Parv.
1) According to the English calendar, the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Sahib is celebrated every year in the month of October or November.
2) Guru Nanak was a great preacher and a great man who believed in God.
3) People of the Sikh community roam from place to place to perform Kirtan and Gurbani which is also known as Prabhat Pheri.
4) Lakhs of devotees visit the Golden Temple Gurdwara located in the city of Amritsar, Punjab in India.
5) On this great festival of Guru Nanak Jayanti, not only Sikhs but people of Sanatan Hindu religion also visit Gurudwaras.
6) Guru Nanak is also known as a religious reformer, social reformer and philosopher.
7) Guru Nanak ji was married at the age of 16 to Sulakkhani Devi.
8) After the birth of two sons, at the age of 37, he went out on a pilgrimage with 4 friends and became a preacher of religion.
9) He toured the world for 14 years and gave sermons, his travels are known in Punjabi language as ‘Udasiyan’.
10) He showed people the way to live in peace and unity throughout their lives and talked about helping each other.
The followers of Sikhism are spread all over the world and are spreading the ideals of Guru Nanak. Just as Guru Nanak ji served the people without any religious and caste discrimination, in the same way, food is provided to everyone in the langars running in the Gurudwaras without any discrimination. The teachings of Guru Nanak Dev’s public service always inspire people.