Essay Writing Topics: Do you know that the word ‘essay’ is derived from the Latin word ‘exagium’, which roughly refers to one’s case. The essay is, therefore, a small piece of writing representing one side of the argument or one’s experiences, stories, etc. Essays are very personal. So let’s learn about the types, formats, and tips for essay-writing.e
Essay Writing Topics in English
What you Searching For?
Essay writing topics on Festivals in English
- Essay on New Year in English
- Essay on Lohri in English
- Essay on Makar Sakranti
- 10 Lines on Makar Sankranti
- Essay on Republic Day in English
- Essay on Independence Day
- Essay on Mahashivratri
- Essay on Holi Festival in English
- Essay on Besakhi in English
- Essay on Ram Navmi in English
- Essay on Eid in English
- Essay on Teachers day in English
- Essay on Ganesh Chaturthi in English
- Essay on Gandhi Jayanti in English
- गांधी जयंती पर निबंध
- Essay on Navrati in English
- Essay on Durga Puja in English
- Essay on Diwali in English
- दीवाली पर निबंध
- Essay on Dushera in English
- Essay on Chhath Puja in English
- Essay on Bhai Dooj in English
- Essay on Raksha Bandhan
- Essay on Children’s day in English
- Essay on Christmas in English
- हिंदी दिवस निबंध
- Essay on Fathers day in English
- Essay on Mothers Day in English
- Essay on World Health Day in English
- Essay on Earth Day in English
Essay writing topics on Monuments in India
Essay writing topics on Famous Person
- Essay on Freedom Fighter in English
- Essay on Dr Rajendra Prasad
- Esaay on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
- Essay on Swami Vivekananda
- Essay on Subhash Chandra Bose
- Essay on Chhatrapati Shivaji
- Essay on Swami Dayanand Saraswati
- Essay on Rabindranath Tagore in English
- Essay on Ravidas Ji
- Essay on Indira Gandhi
- Essay on Mahatma Gandhi
- Essay on Dr BR Ambedkar in English
- Essay on Jawaharlal Nehru in English
- Essay on Dr APJ Abdul Kalam in English
- Essay on Maharana Pratap in English
Essay writing topics on Health and Lifestyle
- Essay on Health and Fitness
- Essay on Fit India in English
- Essay on Discipline in English
- Essay on My Hobby in English
- Essay on leadership
- Essay on Music in English
- Essay on yoga in English
- Essay on Honesty is the Best Policy in English
- Essay on Junk Food for students
- Essay on Doctor
Essay writing topics on Social Cause
- Essay on save girl child
- Essay on Global Warming
- Essay on Environmental Pollution
- Essay on Deforestation
- Essay on World Cancer Day
- Essay on Child Labour
- Essay on Women Empowerment
- Essay on Fundamental human rights
- Essay on Corruption English
- Essay on Social media and Its effect in English
- Essay on Unemployment in English
- Essay on CAA in English
- Essay on NRC in English
- Essay on Dowery System in English
Essay writing topics Technology and Education
- Essay on Artificial intelligence in English
- Essay on Chandrayaan 2
- Essay on Wonder of Science in English
- Essay on National Science Day
- Essay on Computer in English
- Essay on Education in India in English
- Essay on Internet in english
- Essay on My Best Friend
- Essay on My School
- Essay on My Mother
- Essay on My Family
- Essay on Cow
- Essay on music
- Essay on India in English
- Essay on Money in English
- Essay on the Constitution of India
- Essay on Summer Vacation
- Essay on Winter Vacation
- Essay on Coronavirus
- Essay on Corona warriors
Essay writing English: method, type
An essay is usually a piece of writing or storytelling about the perspective of the writer. Usually, an essay is considered the same as a story or a paper or an article. Essays could be informal as well as formal. Formal essays are generally academic in nature and deal with serious topics. We will focus on informal essays that are more personal and often have comic elements.
The type of essay will depend on what message the writer wants to convey to his reader. Usually, Essay is of 4 Types.
This is when the writer is narrating an event or story through Essay. When writing an essay, the author aims to engage the reader in the narrative as if it is happening to them. So make them as real as possible. One way to make this possible is to show the story to the reader and not read it. Therefore you should involve the reader in the story.
Here the author will describe a place, an object, an event or perhaps a memory. But this is not merely a description of things clearly. The author must draw a picture through his words. A clever way to do this is to stimulate the reader’s senses. Trust not only sight but also include other senses like smell, touch, sound, etc. When a descriptive essay is done well, the reader will feel the feelings that the writer himself felt.
In such an essay a writer presents a balanced study of a subject. To write such an essay, the author must have real and comprehensive knowledge about the subject. The expository essay has no scope for the author’s feelings or emotions. It is completely based on facts, figures, examples, etc.
The purpose of the essay here is to bring the reader to the side of your argument. A persuasive essay is not simply a presentation of facts, but an attempt to explain the writer’s point of view to the reader. Both positive, as well as a negative argument, has to be presented in these essays. But the ultimate aim is to convince the readers that the author’s argument is correct.
The correct way to write an essay in English
Now there is no rigid format of the essay. It is a creative process so it should not be confined within limits. However, there is a basic structure that is usually followed when writing essays. So let’s take a look at the general structure of an essay.
This is the first paragraph of your essay. This is where the author introduces his subject for the first time. You can give a very brief summary of your essay in introductory paragraphs. Generally, it is about 4-6 lines.
The paragraph is an important introduction to essays for writers. This ensures that the reader will read or not. Therefore, this place is better for you as creative or as much curiosity among the readers. So to do this you can start with a quote or a saying. Sometimes you can start with a definition. Another interesting strategy to connect with your reader is to start with a question.
Body of essay
This is the main sequence of your essays. So the most important content of the essay will be here. It should not be limited to one paragraph. It may extend to two or more paragraphs according to the content.
Usually, we have a lot of information to provide. And the mistake that writers usually make is that they write anything on the spot in a haphazard manner, which confuses the reader. Make sure you write content in a simple and organized form. Write the information in a systematic flow so that readers can understand. The best way to do this would be to go in chronological order.
This is the last paragraph of the essay. A conclusion is also a great place to understand a story or argument. You can refer a Sikh to it by providing some morals or understanding the story summary.
Essay writing tips in English
- Give your essays an interesting and appropriate title. This will help to capture the reader’s attention and calm their curiosity
- Keep it between 300–500 words. This is the ideal length, you can increase or decrease it when needed
- Keep your language simple and clear. Unnecessarily complex and difficult words break the flow of the sentence.
- Do not make grammar mistakes, use correct punctuation and spelling.
- Organize your idea and draft before starting the essay. In this way, you can ensure that the story will be in flux and not an unorganized mess.
More Details on Wikipedia