Download Essay on social media in english from this page. This essay on effects of social media on today’s generation in pdf format is usefull for school students of class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,8 as well. Also as per your requirement we have provided around 1500+ words and 10 lines on social media and its impact. let’s dive deep to know social media is a boon or bane.
Social media is basically associated with the exchange of computers or any human communication or information. Which is obtained via computer, tablet or mobile. There are many more websites and apps that make this possible. Social media is now becoming the largest medium of communication and is rapidly gaining popularity. Social media enables you to share ideas, content, information and news etc. very fast. In the last few years, the usage of social media has increased unexpectedly and it has brought together millions of users from all over the world.
Social media is playing a big role in our lives today. With the press of a button, we have access to very detailed positive and negative information. Social media is a very powerful medium and it affects everyone. It is difficult to imagine our life without social media, but due to its excessive use, we also have to pay its price. A lot of arguments have been made about the effects of social media on society, some believe that it is a boon. While others feel that it is a curse.
Positive effects of social media
Social media contributes to the social development of the society and also helps in growing many businesses. It provides tools such as social media, marketing that reach millions of empowered customers. We can easily get information and news through social media. The use of social media is a good tool to create awareness about any social cause. Interested job seekers also get help from this. It can help individuals to develop and interact socially with the world without hesitation. Many people use social media to listen to the encouraging speech of high officials. It can also help you to interact with people.
Negative effects of social media
Many practitioners believe that social media is a factor causing frustration and anxiety in people. It is also causing poor mental development in children. Excessive use of social media affects sleep. There are many other negative effects like cyber bullying, image degradation etc. Social media has greatly increased the ‘fear of being lost’ (FOMO) among the youth.
Conclusion: Before joining the users of social media, carefully check its positive and negative aspects. If social media is used properly then it can prove to be a boon for mankind.
We cannot ignore the fact that social media is one of the biggest elements present in our lives today. Through this, we can get any kind of information and talk to our loved ones in any corner of the world. Social media is an attractive element and today it is associated with our lives. Youth is the future of our country, they can make or break the economy of the country, while their most active on social networking sites, they are highly impacting them.
Impact of social network on youth
These days everyone likes to stay connected with social networking sites. Some people believe that if you are not present in digital form, then you do not exist. The increasing pressure and impressive profile of attendees on social networking sites is affecting youth in a big way. According to statistics, a normal teenager uses an average of 72 hours of social media per week, leaving little time for other tasks that cause serious problems in them such as study, physical and other beneficial activities. Reduction in, minimal attention, exposes anxiety and other complex issues. Now we have more and more indirect friends than real friends and we are losing connection with each other day by day. Along with this, there are many dangers to strangers, sex offenders, giving their personal information.
Positive effects of social media-
- It is a good tool for education.
- This can create awareness for many social issues.
- Online information is transferred rapidly, with the help of which users get instant information.
- It can also be used as a news medium.
- It also has some social benefits such as being able to communicate with long distance friends and relatives.
- These provide online employment opportunities.
We believe that the social network has positive effects but like everything else, it too has some evils.
It also has some negative effects:
Negative effects of social media
- Helps in cheating in exams.
- Impairs students’ academic grades and performance.
- Lack of privacy.
- Users can be victims of cyber crimes like hacking, identity theft, phishing crimes etc.
Conclusion: There is no doubt in both positive and negative aspects but users should exercise their discretion on the use of social networking. In order to live a full life as a student, one must maintain balance in tasks like studies, sports and social media.
This is the age of using smart phones and micro blogging. Whatever we need to know, we can get information about it by just one click. Social media is the most widely used tool by all age groups today, but it is more popular among youth and students. Keeping this in mind, researchers believe that social media can play a very important role in the field of education.
A large group of academic thinkers believe that social media acts as a spoiler for students, but it can be highly effective if used wisely. Instead of calling social media good or bad, we should find a way to use it to our advantage. The question still remains as to how social media can be used to our advantage in education. Let’s try and answer it.
Importance of social media in education
Today platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. are being widely used. They have become very popular among teachers, professors and students. Social media plays a very important role for a student as it helps them to share information, get answers and connect with teachers. Students and teachers can connect with each other through social media platforms and share information using this platform well.
Social media has the following importance-
- Live telecast of lectures: Nowadays many professors are conducting live video chats on Skype, Twitter and other places for their lectures. It helps the students as well as the teacher to learn and share something at home. Education can be made easy and convenient with the help of social media.
- Increased Exchange of Support: Since we can use social media at any time of the day and after class can take support and resolution of questions from the teacher. This practice also helps the teacher to understand more closely the development of his students.
- Ease of Education: Many teachers feel that the use of social media makes their work easier. It also helps the teacher to expand and explore his / her abilities skills and knowledge.
- More disciplining: Classes conducted on social media platforms are more disciplined and structured because they know that everyone is watching it.
- Helpful in education: Social media helps students to increase their knowledge through the many teaching materials made available online. Through social media, students can view videos and pictures, check reviews and instantly clear their doubts while watching live processes. Not only students, but also teachers can make their lectures more interesting by using these tools and teaching aids.
- Teaching Blogs and Writing: Students can increase their knowledge by reading blogs, articles and writing by renowned teachers, professors and thinkers. In this way good content can reach a wide audience.
Conclusion: It cannot be denied that if social media is used wisely, it can make education better and students smarter.
There is a lot of talk these days about social media. There is also a lot of debate about the fact that social media is good or bad. There are many ideas available to us and it is up to us to read, understand and conclude it correctly.
Importance of social media
The social media platform helps its users and millions of others to share information. The importance of social media cannot be ignored as it is playing a very important role in our lives today.
- Brand building: Quality materials, products and services are able to be easily accessed online today. You can market your product online and build a brand.
- Helpful for the customer: Customers can read reviews and feedback and make smart choices before purchasing and product or service.
- Social media is a great education tool.
- Through social media platforms you can connect with your intended audience.
- This is a great way to access quality information.
- Social media helps you get news and all events in just one click.
- Social media also helps you to connect with friends, relatives and make new friends.
Advantages of social media : Social media actually brings many benefits, we can also use social media for the development of society. We have seen an explosion of information and content in the last few years and we cannot deny the power of social media. Social media can be widely used to create important causes and awareness in the society. Social media can also help in many great works being run by NGOs and other social welfare committees. Social media can help other agencies and government in spreading awareness and fighting crime. Social media can be used as a strong tool for promotion and sales in many businesses. Many communities are formed through social media platforms which are necessary for the development of our society.
Disadvantages of social media : Social media is nowadays considered to be one of the most harmful effects in our life, and using it wrongly can lead to bad results. There are many other disadvantages of social media such as:
- Cyber bullying: Many children have become victims of cyber bullying due to which they have suffered a lot.
- Hacking: Loss of personal data that can cause security problems and crimes like identity and bank statement theft, which can harm any person.
- Bury Adte: Prolonged use of social media can cause addiction among youth. Due to bad habits, important things like study etc. can be lost. People get affected by this and get separated from society and harm their personal life.
- Scams: Many hunters are looking for vulnerable users so that they can scam and make a profit from them.
- Relationship fraud: Honeytraps and pornographic MMS are the most common cause of online fraud. People are deceived by being implicated in such false lovemaking.
- Health Issues: Excessive use of social media can affect your physical and mental health in a big way. Often people experience laziness, fat, eye irritation and itching, loss of vision and stress etc. after its excessive use.
7. Loss of social and family life: Due to excessive use of social media, people get away from family and society, in devices like phones.
Conclusion: There are millions of people worldwide who use social media daily. A mixed mention is given of its positive and negative aspects. There are many things in it that are important in helping us, so there are some things that can harm us.