The CSIR NET 2023 Notification has been released, and aspiring candidates can fill the Application Form online. The last date to submit the form is mentioned in the notification, and candidates should apply well before the deadline. The Exam Date has also been announced, and it is advisable to start preparing for the exam as per the prescribed Syllabus. The Syllabus includes topics from chemical sciences, mathematical sciences, earth sciences, physical sciences, and life sciences. It is essential to cover all the topics in the Syllabus thoroughly to score well in the exam. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website before the exam.
CSIR NET 2023 Notification
The Joint CSIR-UGC NET Examination for December 2022 / June 2023 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to evaluate the eligibility of Indian nationals for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship (LS) / Assistant Professor positions in Indian universities and colleges. The exam will be held in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode, and more information regarding the exam can be found in the given details.
|CSIR NET 2023 Exam Dates||Important Dates|
|Submission of Online Application Form||10.03.2023 to 10.04.2023 (upto 05:00 PM)|
|Last date for Payment of Fee||10.04.2023 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Correction Window||12.04.2022 to 18.04.2023|
|Date/s of exam||6,7,8 June 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Duration of the Exam||180 minutes (03 hours)|
|Pattern of exam||Objective Type with MCQ|
|Total Test Papers||1. Chemical Sciences|
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Sciences
|Medium of the Paper||Bi-lingual (English and Hindi)|
CSIR NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Joint CSIR UGC NET 2023 test are as follows:
- Candidates must hold an M.Sc. or equivalent degree/Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B.Tech/B.Pharma/MBBS with at least 55% (without rounding off) marks for General (UR)/General-EWS and 50% (without rounding off) for OBC (NCL)/SC/ST, Third gender and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
- Candidates who are enrolled in or have completed the 10+2+3 years of the qualifying examination as of the closing date of online submission of Application Form are also eligible to apply under the Result Awaited (RA) category. However, they must complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within two years from the date of declaration of Joint CSIR-UGC NET Test result, failing which they will be disqualified.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% (without rounding off) marks for General (UR)/General-EWS and 50% (without rounding off) marks for OBC (NCL)/SC/ST, Third gender, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree are eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. program within the validity period of two years. They are eligible to apply only for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and not for Lectureship (LS)/Assistant Professor.
- B.E./B.S./B.Tech./B.Pharma/MBBS final year/result awaited candidates are eligible to apply for fellowship only. These candidates will not be eligible for Lectureship/Assistant professor. B.Sc. (Hons.) final year/Result awaited candidates are not eligible to apply.
- The eligibility for Lectureship/Assistant Professor of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC.
- Ph.D. degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% (without rounding off) marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship/Assistant Professor only.
For the JRF position, the maximum age limit is 28 years as of July 1, 2022. However, there are certain relaxations available for specific categories of applicants. The upper age limit can be extended up to 5 years for SC/ST/Third gender/Persons with Disability (PwD) and female candidates, and up to 3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates. Please note that this age limit is only applicable for the current examination cycle.
On the other hand, there is no upper age limit for the Lectureship (LS)/Assistant Professor position.
CSIR NET 2023 Application Form
The application form for CSIR NET 2023 exam has been released and is available online for eligible candidates to fill from 10.03.2023 to 10.04.2023 (upto 05:00 PM). Aspiring candidates can visit the official website, https://csirnet.nta.nic.in/, to apply for the exam. It is crucial to ensure that all the details entered in the application form are correct before submitting the form. Candidates should also pay the required fee before the last date. Any corrections to the form can be made during the correction window from 12.04.2022 to 18.04.2023. It is essential to fill the form accurately to avoid any issues later.
CSIR NET 2023 Application form Direct Link – Click Here
CSIR NET 2023 Application Fee
|Third gender||INR 275|
- An applicant can apply for payment through net-banking/debit/credit card/UPI.
- Service charges of the concerned Bank/ Payment Gateway Integrator, as applicable.
- Applicants are advised to read Payment instructions carefully before paying the application fee.
CSIR NET 2023 Exam Pattern
The examination will be held in a Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and will consist of three parts, all of which will contain objective type multiple choice questions. There will be no breaks between papers, and the subject-wise scheme of examination is described in detail below.
CSIR NET 2023 Syllabus
The Syllabus & Scheme of Examination may be seen at CSIR HRD Gwebsite: www.csirhrdg.res.in. National Testing Agency will not provide the copy of syllabus to individual candidates.
The Test will be held in the subjects mentioned below:
|Subject Code||Subjects of the Test|
|702||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
CSIR NET 2023 Admit Card
CSIR NET 2023 Admit Card is a critical document that contains important information related to the exam. It includes the candidate’s name, roll number, photograph, signature, and exam center details. The admit card also mentions the date and time of the examination along with the reporting time. Candidates must carry a valid government ID proof, along with the admit card, to the exam center. The exam will be conducted in computer-based mode, and the official website for CSIR NET 2023 is https://csirnet.nta.nic.in/.
CSIR NET 2023 Answer Key & Question Paper
After the completion of the CSIR-UGC NET examination, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will display the Recorded Responses and Question Paper on their website for two to three days prior to the declaration of the result. Candidates can check their recorded responses and question paper by visiting the NTA website https://csirnet.nta.nic.in. Additionally, the NTA will display Provisional Answer Key of the questions on the same website to provide an opportunity for the candidates to challenge the Provisional Answer Key. Candidates can make a challenge against the Provisional Answer Key by paying a nonrefundable processing fee of Rs. 200/- per challenged question. The NTA decision on the challenges shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
CSIR NET 2023 Result
The result for CSIR-UGC NET will be declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on their website https://csirnet.nta.nic.in. Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per the subject wise scheme of the Exam. If a question is found to be wrong, the benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempted the question. Candidates qualifying for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF-NET) and the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (LS-NET)/Assistant Professor will be listed separately. The candidates qualifying for JRF (NET) will also be eligible for Lectureship/Assistant Professor (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. Candidates qualifying for Lectureship/Assistant Professor will be eligible to be considered for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
About Joint CSIR Net Exam
The Joint CSIR UGC NET exam is conducted twice a year to assess the eligibility of Indian nationals for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship (LS) /Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges. The eligibility criteria for JRF and LS/AP are set by UGC. The test is announced through a press notification and online applications are invited from all over India.
Candidates who qualify for JRF are also eligible for Lectureship/Assistant Professor, provided they meet the eligibility criteria set by UGC. Some candidates are declared eligible for Lectureship/Assistant Professor based on their performance in the test. The certificate of Lectureship/Assistant Professor is valid forever once obtained.
About National Testing Agency
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is an autonomous premier testing organization established by the Ministry of Education (MoE), previously known as the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI). It operates independently and is self-sustained, governed by the Societies Registration Act (1860), to conduct high-quality and transparent tests that meet international standards. The primary objective of the NTA is to evaluate the competence of candidates seeking admissions to top higher education institutions. The CSIR has entrusted the NTA with the responsibility of conducting the Joint CSIR-UGC NET examination for December 2022/June 2023.
CSIR NET 2023 Official Website
CSIR Official Website – https://csirnet.nta.nic.in | www.nta.ac.in
Official Notification Link – https://cdnbbsr.s3waas.gov.in/s3efdf562ce2fb0ad460fd8e9d33e57f57/uploads/2023/03/2023031095.pdf