Sanskrit Scholarship: The Ministry of Education, Government of India, is dedicated to preserving and promoting the rich heritage of Sanskrit, Pali, and Prakrit languages through its Sanskrit Scholarship program for the academic year 2023-24. This initiative aims to achieve multiple objectives, fostering the study and appreciation of these ancient languages.
Benefits of Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24
- Financial Assistance: The scholarship offers monthly financial support to selected students at different academic levels, making education accessible for all.
- Encouragement for Higher Studies: The program motivates students to pursue advanced studies in Sanskrit-related fields, nurturing the next generation of scholars and educators.
- Recognition of Academic Excellence: The scholarship rewards students with a strong academic record in Sanskrit, Pali, or Prakrit studies, acknowledging their dedication to these languages.
- Reduced Financial Burden: For economically disadvantaged students, the scholarship alleviates financial stress, allowing them to focus on studies.
- Holistic Development: By providing access to educational resources, seminars, workshops, and research opportunities, the program contributes to students’ overall development.
The Sanskrit Scholarship program is open to students pursuing Sanskrit, Pali, or Prakrit as their main or optional subject. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following academic criteria:
- Class 9/Purva-Madhyama first year: Minimum 60% marks in Class 8 annual exam.
- Class 10/Purva-Madhyama first year: Minimum 60% marks in Class 9 annual exam.
- Class 11/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama-second year: Minimum 60% marks in Class 10 board exam.
- Class 12/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama-second year: Minimum 60% marks in Class 11 annual exam.
- B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-first year: Minimum 60% marks in 10+2 board exam.
- B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-second year: Minimum 60% marks in Shastri/ B.A/ B.A (Hons) first-year exam.
- B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-third year: Minimum 60% marks in Shastri/ B.A/ B.A (Hons) second-year exam.
- Acharya/M.A-first year: Minimum 60% marks in Graduation.
- Acharya/M.A-second year: Minimum 60% marks in Acharya/ M.A first-year exam.
- Vidyavaridhi/PhD: Minimum 60% marks in M.A in Sanskrit.
The application process for the Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24 is entirely online. Follow these simple steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan at [Website URL].
- Navigate to the “Schemes” section and select the “Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24” link.
- Click on “Apply Online” and fill in the application form with your personal details.
- Review the provided information and click “Submit” to complete the application.
- No physical submission is required. However, keep a printout of the application form for reference.
Documents Required for Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24:
Applicants need to provide the following documents during the application process:
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Income Document
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Educational Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Evidence of Bank Account Information
- Recent Passport-sized Photo
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
The Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24 offers financial assistance to students pursuing Sanskrit, Pali, or Prakrit studies. The scholarship amount varies based on the course level:
- Class 9/Purva-Madhyama first year: INR 500 per month
- Class 10/Purva-Madhyama first year: INR 500 per month
- Class 11/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama-second year: INR 600 per month
- Class 12/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama-second year: INR 600 per month
- B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-first year: INR 800 per month
- B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-second year: INR 800 per month
- B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-third year: INR 800 per month
Selection Procedure for Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24
- The selection process involves evaluations by a selection committee based on academic performance and achievements.
- The General Information and Advisory Committee (GIAC) grants final approval to ensure fairness.
- Awardees are selected based on cutoff marks and academic record.
- Scholarship amounts vary according to the academic level.
Duration Of Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24
- The scholarship provides financial support for ten months for most courses.
- For higher academic pursuits like Vidyavaridhi/PhD, the support extends over two years.
Terms and Conditions of Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24:
- Academic criteria must be met.
- Sanskrit, Pali, or Prakrit must be the main or optional subject.
- The scholarship is non-renewable.
- The application process is conducted online.
- A valid bank account linked with Aadhar is necessary for receiving funds.
- Payment starts from July of each academic year.
- The scholarship does not overlap with other scholarships.
- Engaging in a remunerative job during the scholarship tenure is not allowed.
- The course of study must have a Sanskrit component.
More Information and Contact Details:
For further information and inquiries regarding the Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24, interested applicants can contact the Central Sanskrit University:
- Address: Central Sanskrit University, 56-57, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi-110058
- Helpline Toll-Free Number: 1800 572 4642
- General Enquiry (E-PABX): 011-28524993, 011-28524995, 011-28520977, 011-28525963, 011-28521994
The Sanskrit Scholarship 2023-24 offers an excellent opportunity for students to pursue their passion for Sanskrit, Pali, or Prakrit studies while receiving financial support. By meeting the eligibility criteria and following the transparent application process, students can pave the way for a brighter academic future in these ancient languages.
Offical site – sanskrit,nic.in