10 Lines on Holi Festival in English: In this article you will get information about Ten Sentences on Holi, Some Lines on Holi in English, short essay on holi, Holi Essay in English 10 Lines. Students can read these 10 lines and also create their own version of 5 lines on holi festival in english as well as hindi or any other language.
10 Lines on Holi
Holi is the main festival of Hindus celebrated. On the day of Holi, everyone celebrates with great pomp by applying colors to each other. Holi is celebrated every year in the month of March (Phagun). In the year 2022, Holi will be celebrated on 19th March. Holi is celebrated along with India in other countries like Canada, Nepal etc. On Holi festival, people go to their relatives’ houses with colors and sweets and, Holi is celebrated with water and colours .
Ten Lines on Holi in English for Class 1 and Class 2
- Holi is the famous Hindu festival
- It is on 19 March 2022
- It is a festival of colours
- It is a two days festival
- Kids play with water balloons
- My mother make gujiya on holi
- Holi is my favorite festival
- I play holi with my best friend amit
- My mother cooks tasty food on holi
- I love holi festival
10 Sentences on Holi in English for Class 3 and Class 4
- Holi is a famous an popular Indian festival
- It is celebrated every year in the month of phalgun (March)
- Holi symbolizes the victory of good over evil
- One day before the Holi, people do holika dahen
- Holi is also known as festival of colors
- Everyone sprays water and colour to each other
- Gujiya a special sweet dish made in every home
- It is a festival of friendship and love
- People cook special food and sweets on this day
- On this day, school, colleges and office are remains closed
10 Points on Holi in English for Class 5 and Class 6
- Holi is celebrated every year in the month of March.
- It is considered as one of the major festivals of Hindus.
- holi is also called as the festival of colours.
- Sweets and special dishes are cooked on holi
- One day before Holi, Holika Dahan is done by burning heaps of wood, grass and cow dung in the night.
- In ancient times people used natural colours. Therefore, the festival of Holi is also considered as a festival related to nature.
- In today’s world, people use chemical colors which damage the skin.
- Holi symbolizes the victory of evil over good
- In India, this festival is celebrated with great joy. All schools and government offices remain closed on this day.
- Holi is celebrated with joy not only by Hindus but by people of all communities.
Holi par short essay / 10 lines for Class 7 and Class 8
- According to the Hindu calendar, the festival of Holi is celebrated on the full moon day of Falgun month
- On the eve of Holi, Holika dahan is done
- Both these days of celebration are symbols of inspiration, energy and enthusiasm
- The festival of Holi celebrates the victory of Prahlad over Hiranyakashipu and the burning of Holika
- According to the ancient stories, Lord Vishnu in his Narasimha avtar had destroyed Hiranyakashipu and his sister Holika
- The festival of “Holi” also marks the beginning of the Hindu New Year.
- Falgun Purnima is the last date of the Hindu year, the day after which the Hindu New Year begins, and is known as Navasamvatsar.
- In this festival, people renounce old animosity, greet each other with gulal and water balloons.
- Holi is also a symbol of love, harmony and goodwill.
- Thus the festivals which are organized to break the monotony of life and gain new creative vigor through celebration
Thank you friends for reading 10 lines on holi in english. I hope this article is of help to you. Please feel free to share it with your friends and family.