Get here essay on article 370 and 35a in English. This amendment in indian constitution is very historic in the history of india. This essay is usefull for all school students of class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 10, 11, 12. under this decision Amit shah removed the article 370 and 35a from jammu & kashmir. Here we have covered all the facts and rules related to this amendment of law in 100, 200, 300, 450 words. Also you get this information in short and long paragraphs like 10 lines. Also these details are usefull for UPSC and SSC essay writing exams. Let’s check this out in details.
🔥 Absolutely FREE!! 🔥 TILL LOCKDOWN ENDS..
|Important Points of New Education Policy 2020|
Also read: Essay on CAAsh
Essay on Article 370 and 35A – Short Long Paragraph
What you Searching For?
Modi government has taken the biggest decision on Kashmir issue. Under this, section 370 giving special status to the state has been removed. Home Minister Amit Shah proposed in Rajya Sabha that in Jammu and Kashmir, only clause 1 will remain in force in 370. The government has introduced a bill in the Rajya Sabha, in which it has been proposed to divide the state of Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories. These two states will be Ladakh and Jammu & Kashmir.
Some political parties have supported this proposal to remove Article 370 of Home Minister Amit Shah and some are in opposition. Apart from Section 370, Article 35A is also applicable in Jammu and Kashmir. This article also gives special rights to the citizens of the state in some cases. Let us see what Article 370 and Article 35A are
Also read: Essay on indian constitution
What is Article 370?
- This section was added to the Constitution on 17 October 1949.
- Due to Article 370, Jammu and Kashmir had special rights. According to this, the Indian Parliament can make laws in the case of Jammu and Kashmir for only three areas – Defense, Foreign Affairs and Communications. To implement any other law, the Central Government needs the approval of the State Government.
- Due to special status, Article 356 of the Constitution does not apply to the state of Jammu and Kashmir, nor does the President have the right to dismiss the constitution of the state.
- The citizens of Jammu and Kashmir hold dual citizenship (India and Kashmir).
- Article 360 of the constitution for financial emergency does not apply to Jammu and Kashmir.
- The term of the Legislative Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir is 6 years, while the legislatures of other states of India have a term of 5 years.
- Not all Supreme Court orders apply in Jammu and Kashmir.
- RTI and RTE do not apply in Kashmir because of Section 370.
- Hindu-Sikh minorities do not get 16% reservation in Kashmir.
- The panchayat is not empowered in Kashmir.
- If a woman from Jammu and Kashmir marries a person from any other state of India, then that woman’s citizenship of Jammu and Kashmir will end.
- On the other hand, if a woman from Jammu and Kashmir marries someone from Pakistan, then that person will also get citizenship of Jammu and Kashmir.
- It is not mandatory for the citizens of Jammu & Kashmir to honor the national flag or national symbols of India.
What is Article 35A?
On 14 May 1954, President Dr Rajendra Prasad passed an order. Through this, a new Article 35A was added to the Constitution. This article empowers the state legislature to define permanent residents in Jammu and Kashmir. According to the constitution of Jammu and Kashmir, a permanent citizen of the state is one who has been a citizen of the state from 14 May 1954 or has been living in the state for 10 years or before that.
Also read: Essay on Rajendra prasad
Due to Section 35A, no person outside can take property nor permanently settle in Jammu and Kashmir. The Urban Land Act of 1976 does not apply in Jammu and Kashmir. Apart from this, people from outside states cannot do state government jobs. These include Hindu families settled in Jammu in 1947 called refugees.
When and why Clause 370 and 35A applied?
After independence, Jammu and Kashmir became a part of India and Sheikh Abdullah took over the power of Jammu and Kashmir. After that he talkekd to PM Jawaharlal Nehru about the political relationship of Jammu & Kashmir. As a result of this conversation, Article 370 was in Constitution.
In the year 1952, an agreement was reached between Sheikh Abdullah and Nehru, which is known as the Delhi Pact of 1952. Article 35A was added to the constitution in 1954 after the agreement.
In a statement in the Rajya Sabha, Home Minister of India Amit Shah informed about the removal of Article 370 except one.
With the removal of Article 370 article 35A will also be removed. Let me tell you that Jammu and Kashmir has been granted special state status by Articles 35A and 370 of the Constitution.
This is a temporary article which can also be abolished if required, so some political parties have also been against it.
5 Lines on Article 35A
- Article 35A was added to the Constitution in May 1954 by order of the President.
- This article gives the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly the right to decide the definition of permanent citizen.
- Only parmanent citizen of state, have the right to buy property in the state, get a government job and vote in assembly elections.
- If a resident of Jammu and Kashmir marries someone outside the state, he will lose this citizenship.
- The order of 1954 by which Article 35A was added to the Constitution was passed by the President under sub-section (1) of Article 370.
5 Lines on Article-370
As per the provisions of section 370, Parliament has the right to make laws regarding defense, foreign affairs and communication about Jammu and Kashmir but to implement the law related to any other subject, the Center needs the state government Requires approval.
- Due to this special record, Article 356 of the Constitution does not apply to the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- For this reason, the President does not have the authority to dismiss the constitution of the state.
- The citizens of Jammu and Kashmir have dual citizenship (India and Kashmir).
- The Parliament of India can legislate with respect to Jammu and Kashmir in a very limited area.
- The national flag of Jammu and Kashmir is different. It is not mandatory for the citizens of there to honor the national flag of India.
Hope the detailed provided by us on Article 370 and 35a is helpful for you.