Candidates should check the eligibility before filling the application form. Here, we have mentioned detailed information about NEET Eligibility 2018:
Eligibility to appear in NEET-UG
Number of Attempts: As per the latest news, candidates may attempt the exam 9 times (GEN) & 14 attempts (SC/ST/OBC category candidates).
Aadhaar Card: Aadhaar card is mandatory to apply for NEET 2018 examination.
Candidates must be the citizen of India.
NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) & Foreign Nationals can also apply.
Lower Age Limit: Candidates should complete 17 years at the time of admission or will completed on or before 31st December 2018.
Upper Age Limit: Candidates upper age limit should be 25 years as on date of examination.
Relaxation: There is 5 years relaxation for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category
|Unreserved Category (UR)||Born on or between 8th May 1993 and 1st January 2002|
|SC/ST/OBC Category||Born on or between 8th May 1988 and 1st January 2002|
Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the higher/senior secondary examination or ISCE which is equivalent to 10+2 examination after a period of 12 years study.
Subjects: Candidates must pass the above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English.
Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure minimum 50% marks (GEN), 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC-PH) taken together in PCB subjects.
Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in the 12th standard can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
Note: Marks obtained in math will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
Candidate must be the citizen of India, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign Nationals.
For J & K, AP & Telangana States:
Candidates belong to J&K, AP and Telangana are eligible for 15% All India Quota seats only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self-declaration.
Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and J & K can appear in NEET exam for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
All the states participating in the NEET 2018 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
Candidate must possess a valid domicile in the state.
Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.
Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies
There are many other institutes/universities that are participating in the NEET 2018, some of them include Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Jamia Hamdard University, University of Delhi.
The OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) may also appear the exam subject to the rules of government of India.
The upper age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.